Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 08-29-2008, 07:19 PM

Default caney thur 8-28

started at the usual spot across the river from the red roofed house ...after reading the threads on pheasent tails i decided to give it a try...tyed on a #16 beadhead 3ft under my usual adams indicator... 3rd cast fish on ....caught alot of fish on the bhpt and also about 6 on my indicator....i moved down past the small rock bluff and swithced over to a rootbeer colored midge...it was a good choice landed several fish 10-12 inches....caught myself a caney slam all 3 species out of the same hole...the brookie was 10 inches and had such brillant colors and markings that if a guy didnt know the differance he would have thought it was a wild one .... highlight of the day was 2-16 inch browns...both came on the rootbeer midge...most fish caught were recently stocked rainbows...so i will try the bhpt again when the stockers are thinned out and see if the bhpt was working mostly on them or if it will work on the more wary fish...tackle of the day #16 bhpt and #18 rootbeer midge dropped 3ft below a #14 parachute adams used as an indicator on 5x tippet... i will be up in erie pa next week to see my week old grandson .... so leave a few in the river for me ...for when i get back..... tight lines all.....
Old 08-29-2008, 08:57 PM

Dan, you don't know how envious I am of your ability to fish the Caney as frequently as you do. All I have is the Stones River, there used to be trout until the gar ate them all I hate seeing reports like this one because I can never do anything close to what is being reported In time, I guess. Glad to see you did well, though.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:23 PM

woorgames sorry cant rem your name ....anytime you want to fish and your dad cant go just shoot me an email.... i'm usally off on sundays and wed ....i will be more than happy to help you out best i can... as i said in my earlier post i'll be gone this coming week... but ill be back on next sat... fishingman62@hotmail.com
Old 08-29-2008, 11:20 PM

Trey... I need to put it in my signature. I'm saving up for a new rod and reel setup, so it's gonna be awhile because I'm penny penching where I can, gas included. I'll definitely take you up on that offer later.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer
Default Email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worrgamesguy View Post
Trey... I need to put it in my signature. I'm saving up for a new rod and reel setup, so it's gonna be awhile because I'm penny penching where I can, gas included. I'll definitely take you up on that offer later.
WGG -- Tried to send you an email. Did you get it? shoot me an email at

gwrom1@gmail.com

Gerry
Old 08-30-2008, 06:04 PM

I got it Gerry, thanks. I'll let you know before 7:00 CST, since you're from Knoxville. So that's what, 8:00 your time? My cell phone conked out, so I can't get ahold of you but if you're prompt in email responses it would get a lot done