Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 09-07-2008, 02:16 PM

Default Chilhowee Lake

I rode up to check out how far the lake is down this morning. According to an Alcoa employee it's down 11.27 feet as off 10am this morning. I walked up from the old ferry to the first island below the power house. It was a nice walk. Once you reach the first island there is an old road bed across the river forming a **** and I saw acouple trout stranded in the pool above but they were just cruising around and appeared no worse for wear since the water is still cold enough to sustain them. They could leave still yet if they wanted. There will be some nice fishing once the water is down another 2-3 feet. The bottom is solid for those that were wondering. It has everything from sand to boulders but mostly covered with rocks the size of cantalopes. With alittle care it could easily be a dry day of fishing. I talked with acouple guys down lower (around the gravel pile) that were fishing out of canoes but they hadn't fished long enough to give a good report. Anyways, it will be something to see even if your not fishing. As a side note anyone wanting to go to the ferry the gate opens at 8 am and closes at 3 pm.