Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 09-12-2008, 09:05 PM

Default North Arkansas

Looking at a trip to the Mountain Home area of Arkansas in mid November, wanting to just fish wadable water, can anyone give me some recommendations?
Old 09-12-2008, 09:54 PM

The Norfork is the better river for wading and is not far from Mountain Home. My dad and I fish their often each year. Hopefully, the water will be wadable since all of the flooding earlier this year.I hope you have a great trip.

fly fisherman DK
Old 09-12-2008, 10:20 PM

Dukee,
I've been planning on fishing the White and the Norfolk about the third week in October. I read what the locals are saying on some of the websites there. The target date for the Corp of Engineers to get the lakes down to normal level was about October 15. This was before Ike raised his ugly head. Hannah dumped enough rain on the watershed so that they stopped generation to keep from flooding downstream of Bull Shoals dam. The fishing reportedly has been good all this week with wadeable water. But all this does is keep the lakes high and when the threat of the rain expected with Ike passes, they will start generating again. Last I heard, they are expecting 6" in the area starting Sunday. The fish are in great shape out there but I don't think that wade fishing will be an option anytime soon.

mstone
Old 09-13-2008, 09:25 PM

That's OK since I will be going in Mid November, so hopefully all the rain will be under control by then. Thanks for the tip on the Norfolk.