Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Why We Fly Fish

Old 08-24-2008, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpopper View Post
Jeff how's your friend's son doing? We're still praying for him.
Take care,
Mark <::><
Thanks guys. He's home from the hospital now. He came to church today. Physically, he's OK. His emotional state will take time to heal but he's home with his family for a few weeks. His employer has an employee assistance program and he's going to enroll in that for some professional help. He's on a leave of absence but enrolling in the program will allow him to keep his job secure while he works through the issues.

I appreciate the prayers and I'm sure the family does too. I told his dad there were a bunch of fishermen praying for them and that I think God has a soft spot in his heart for people stupid enough to try and outsmart a fish by waving a long skinny stick in the air.

I think with prayer, counseling and time he'll be OK. He has a strong and loving family who will support him and be a good safety net.

Please do keep up the prayers. While the immediate crisis is over, I imagine this is going to be a long process and this young man will continue to need our prayers for a very long time.

Jeff
Old 08-25-2008, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Jeff,

Good news, that. One person stupid enough to try and outsmart a fish by waving a long skinny stick in the air continues with prayer.

Paula
Old 08-25-2008, 08:19 AM

Jeff,
So glad to hear prayers are being answered and help is on the way. He has already started the healing process it sounds like. A good friend of our family experienced something similar recently, we'll continue to pray for them.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:57 PM

Guys and Gals,
I wanted to give a quick update. The young man is still doing OK. I talked with his mom at church last week. She said he's doing better. She didn't indicate all is back to normal yet, but she was smiling and thanking folks for their prayers.

The support you all have given in prayer is overwhelming. The fact he's home in the arms of his mom and dad and surrounded by his sister and brother and that he's doing this much better this soon is nothing short of a miracle. There's no doubt that the prayers you all and so many others have offered will continue to lead to healing of this young man's heart and spirit.

Thanks again for all the prayers.

Jeff
Old 09-18-2008, 11:00 PM

Hey Jeff
That's great to hear. I saw a great quote the other day..."When prayers and praises go up, blessings come down". Prayers still going up for this young man and his family.

Rachel
Old 09-20-2008, 04:28 PM

Jeff,

Somehow missed this post when it was started. But we will join in prayers for this family.

Mike