Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > General Fly Tying

Old 09-29-2008, 09:36 PM

Well, here it is for all the good that it'll do me (haven't had much luck catching fish lately) PS ignore the laundry:

Old 09-30-2008, 01:26 PM

Nice job foldin' your undies!

sb
Old 09-30-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Baker View Post
Nice job foldin' your undies!

sb
Awesome!

As for Blue, dude thaks for the laugh! U care about as much as I do with some things. I digg! The funny thing about it is that my tying table is the dining room table it usually has the same amount of undergarments as you bed does. At least they make it to the bedroom and there folded. Cheers to you!

~Brett
Old 09-30-2008, 04:53 PM

Y'all have some very creative and nice desks, especially the home made ones.

Right now i am using a computer desk but after looking at some of y'alls desks i'm thinking of breaking out the ol' circular saw that is gathering dust in the garage and making one.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishermansfly View Post
Awesome!

As for Blue, dude thaks for the laugh! U care about as much as I do with some things. I digg! The funny thing about it is that my tying table is the dining room table it usually has the same amount of undergarments as you bed does. At least they make it to the bedroom and there folded. Cheers to you!

~Brett
Don't be mistaken, that is my dining table, not my bed. Yeah, I figure a little clean laundry wouldn't hurt.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:23 PM

Default Thanks!

Oh, appreciate the clarification! I see it now...It looked like some end table or desk close to the bed. I wasn't paying much attention I was too busy laughing! I'd snap a photo of mine but for the moment it's a clean table. I wish I woulda snapped a picture of it before I became organized. I keep all my stuff in a medium sized rubber tote with materials neatly seperated in freezer baggies. Doing demonstrations has forced me to keep it neat and compact so I can easily load it in the truck. I think I also own 1 of everything that LRO sells, with maybe the exception of popper materials, and I manage to fit it all in a rubbermaid tote!

I wish I could play too!

~Brett
Old 09-30-2008, 07:13 PM

At this point, I just decide what I want to tie and do a materials inventory. If I don't have it, I get it. I figure in about a year, I will have everything i need to the most part.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:05 PM

gotta share my home office desk with my fly tying addiction. Still need to get a portable plastic file to keep fur/feathers/ and all other stuff in under desk. Anyways, here is my tying desk...nothing special except those Bose speakers so I can listen to "Casting Crowns" while I am tying...

God Bless & Good Fishing
Bob

Jeremiah 29:13
Old 09-30-2008, 09:41 PM

Buckeyetrouter:

Bob, have you ever tried fishing the clear fork out of Mohican in Ohio? They claim it has "some" browns. I scouted it a few weeks back, saw a tremendous surface insect hatch, a variety of fish, turtles but didn't see any browns. I walked about four miles from the class B camping sites (down from the dam) to the RV campsite downstream. Just wondering, as it is very pretty and quiet after the summer campers leave.

Love those desks, its great to see guys fish more then do laundry. Some of us are getting too civilized!
"Your stature as a fly fisherman isn't determined by how big a trout you can catch, but by how small a trout you can catch without being disappointed, and, of course, without losing the faith that there's a bigger one in there." -John Gierach
Old 09-30-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyetrouter View Post
gotta share my home office desk with my fly tying addiction. Still need to get a portable plastic file to keep fur/feathers/ and all other stuff in under desk. Anyways, here is my tying desk...nothing special except those Bose speakers so I can listen to "Casting Crowns" while I am tying...

God Bless & Good Fishing
Bob

Yeah, I've got to get some thread (among other things). Nice looking desk though.