Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 10-07-2008, 09:56 PM

Default Tellico Report

A trio of us had a nice weekend camping and fishing on the Tellico River.
We found a nice "honey hole" just south of the Turkey Creek bridge and had our way with them. I'm sure they were stockers that were just hanging together, but they had some great size to them. They were picky until I threw pretty much the last thing in the box...a red san juan worm of all things. They hit that thing pretty much every cast once I figured out how to fish it effectively.
Any way...it was a great trip to a beautiful place I've never been, but I'll be going back. Two thumbs up.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:11 PM

I went up their a couple of weeks ago. I also went to the North and Bald as well. Water was low and a bit warm. Most of the fish brought to hand were from a BHPN in the larger pools (6-8 inch range). Small elk hair caddis and parachute's also received an hororable mention. I used the low conditions to scout out new sections of water that I have not been to. The largest thing I saw up there was an otter swimming in a medium sized plunge pool about 2 miles above the North River campground.

BTY air temps in the low 60's all day with a breeze. Perfect.
I agree, beautiful place. God is a wonderful creator.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:25 PM

I'm heading down that way Thurs afternoon- Sun morning. I hope this rain we've been having helps out. I was down there this past weekend and the rivers were down more than I remember in a long time.