Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Old 10-28-2008, 10:44 AM

Default Condobound in Cedar Key

This morning the tide is lower than I have seen it here. The wind howled all night and the water was pushed from the esturaries into the gulf. Paula and I drove 8 miles to Shell Mound this morning at 8:30. We wanted to see what it looked like at low tide. We discovered that a misjudgment in the low tide time would result in being stranded far from shore. It was 43 degrees. The sea is so rough, even the clam farmers are at home. An airboat ran up on a sand bar in front of the condo and was stuck temporarily a little while ago. And, we are under a freeze warning tonight. Needless to say, the kayaks are still on top of my truck. The heat is on and I can hear the candidates giving speeches on CNN. We have two computers here and high speed connections. One comes with the condo and I brought mine just in case something like this happend.

Oh well, I'm not in a hurry to do anything. I kind of like that.

Byron
Old 10-28-2008, 04:15 PM

fox news and world series might help. I warned Paula last week about the beer shooters under these circumstances. fyi, weather can
be iffy in mid to north fl around halloween, the first weekend before Thanksgiving through new years, and then around Valentines. mid January can be incredible.
If you can find a back bay . Enjoy being with Paula!