Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Rog 1's Avatar
Rog 1 Rog 1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Posts: 872
Default

I have a 30 year old Orvis Fullflex fiberglass rod....7 ft, 6wt...that I built....this was the last material Orvis used before they came out with their graphite rods.....I still fish with this rod on occasion and love the way it fishes....recently bought a 3 wt. Diamondglas that brings back the old ways.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-28-2008, 07:56 PM
flyguys flyguys is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: west tn
Posts: 202
Default

it seems to mme that the only solution to my problem is to purchase several rods in different lengths, that way I would never be without the proper rod for the occasion at hand. Of course this went over like a pregnant pole vaulter when I mentioned this to my wife!! Maybe she would like some new fly fishing equipment?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-29-2008, 07:47 PM
Bullwinkle's Avatar
Bullwinkle Bullwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 61
Default

IMHO, the best rod for in the park is the Superfine 7' for a 4wt.. with a CFO reel. I liked the new Superfine Wonderline best until I tried the Cortland Precision Platinum line.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-29-2008, 09:16 PM
pineman19 pineman19 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Greeneville, TN
Posts: 751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
IMHO, the best rod for in the park is the Superfine 7' for a 4wt.. with a CFO reel. I liked the new Superfine Wonderline best until I tried the Cortland Precision Platinum line.

Do you fish Mad River Bullwinkle? I am from Wapakoneta, Oh. Caught my first trout on the Mad around 35 yrs. ago.


Neal
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-30-2008, 09:17 AM
jeffnles1's Avatar
jeffnles1 jeffnles1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northern Kentucky
Posts: 1,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguys View Post
it seems to mme that the only solution to my problem is to purchase several rods in different lengths, that way I would never be without the proper rod for the occasion at hand. Of course this went over like a pregnant pole vaulter when I mentioned this to my wife!! Maybe she would like some new fly fishing equipment?
I like the way you think. Great idea, bad execution. What you need to do is buy several rods in different lengths and weights THEN tell your wife after you've mailed in the warranty cards.

See, you can always count on expert advice on the LRO forum.

Jeff
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-30-2008, 02:49 PM
flyred06's Avatar
flyred06 flyred06 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gadsden, Alabama
Posts: 896
Default rod choice

I have a 8'6" 5wt winston IM6 rod with a orvis cfo reel that I trully love and use every where from the mountains to the drift boat. I think it is now the wt model but you would never go wrong with the longer rod. If 9 ft is not what you want think about the 8'6" rods. I also have an 8' 4wt that is nice to. I have an 8' cane rod but out of them all I prefer the 8'6" winston. Just my 2cents.
__________________
Romans 10:9-10 KJV
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Bullwinkle's Avatar
Bullwinkle Bullwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineman19 View Post
Do you fish Mad River Bullwinkle? I am from Wapakoneta, Oh. Caught my first trout on the Mad around 35 yrs. ago.


Neal

Yep.. I get out to the Mad once or twice a month
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.