Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 12-20-2008, 12:01 AM

Default Harpeth River Franklin TN

They must have stocked the Harpth River today. When I went to lunch there was about 30 trucks parked next to the pump station, with TWRA truck parked next to the river. I work less than 1/2 a mile from the site, but have never fished it. I am not into combat fishing. it is usually elbow to elbow. I get a big kick out of the TWRA officers. Thier catch ratio is way better than the fishermen. I sat there at lunch one day last year and the officer wrote at least 5 tickets for no trout stamp. He go some as they were coming out of the river with trout. That ticket could not be cheap.
I may take off in the morning Monday or Tuesday to beat the crowd. They put some nice stockers in last year.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:33 PM

Default Information abouot the Harpeth

Hi
Just read your post about the Harpeth, and was wondering how the trout fishiing is on this river? My son-in-law and daughter live in Springhill. This would be a quick trip for us if the fishing is worth the effort. Any info. would be appriciaited.
Thanks
Bill
Old 01-04-2009, 01:46 AM

Bill, if I'm not mistaken, thisis the first year to stock the Harpeth, but there should be a few in there worth catching.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:07 PM

This is the second year for the stocking, the trout can't survive the warm water in the summer, so this is a pure put and take stream. I have never fished it, it is always crowded. But they always seem to pull nice trout out of it. The area to fish is very limited and crowded. But it may be worth a trip from Spring hill. If you go past Mac Hatcher on Lewisburg Pike the river is on the right about 1 mile up. There is a pump station where they stock the stream. If you go over the railroad tracks you went too far.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern View Post
If you go over the railroad tracks you went too far.
Haha have you seen the Dane Cook standup about directions? He said this EXACTLY, and he said he was driving *bump bump* DANG IT...