Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 01-27-2009, 09:58 PM

Default Tellico/North Rivers

Decided to head up to the Tellico and North Rivers on Sunday. I find that I really enjoy fishing them in the winter time, I seem to have the entire river to myself as opposed to fighting for a spot during the stocking period. The water is flowing better than I have ever seen it. I was hoping to get into some wild fish, maybe even a rare Tellico brown, but it wasn't meant to be I suppose. I caught only stockers like this one below, but they were fun to catch. It was a very nice day. I have decided lately that I will spend most of my fishing time this winter and early spring exploring the Tellico-Bald & North Rivers. I can't wait!

Old 01-27-2009, 11:02 PM

Shaggy, let me know if you'd like some company exploring. I have taken a few trips to North River this year, as well as, Tellico. Like yourself, I would like to spend a little more time on Bald River. Especially from the Holly Flats campground back towards the falls.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:26 PM

That is some hard fishing from Holly Flats, The last time I fished it I caught more briar patches than fish. I cant wait till this summer so I can fish more Tellico and North Rivers.

Check out my gallery.....
http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...FISHIN%20PICS/
Old 01-30-2009, 05:07 PM

Really? I would like to give it a shot. At least to say I've tried.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:58 PM

A co-worker and I went up mid-January and decided to head for the Bald, specifically Holly Flats campground, only to find it closed. Closed on a very rainy evening at about 10pm, which was not what we wanted to see. If you've ever driven the FS road that cuts off to Holly Flats then you'll know what I'm talking about...not a place to be at 10pm a down-pour. At any rate we made it down to pavement and went north right above the hatchery to pitch our tents. We ended up waking up at first light, headed to the Falls parking area and set off into the gorge. I will say that this is no place for a "beginner" of which we both are. You better "know" what you're doing as it will test every technique and prowess you have in your "kit". None the less it was a great experience and we look forward to doing it again at a more "seasoned" date. I will try to add some pics soon.

Last edited by mainstnoogan; 03-26-2009 at 09:19 AM..