Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 02-05-2009, 11:40 PM

Man, that's a big crawfish claw...and you don't steam them - you boil them...get the Zaterain's crab boil and go to town on them.

We saw some good sized claws at Cosby either last year or the year before, but nothing like that.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:46 PM

I assure you that this guy knows what he is talking about....he is from Louisiana Do you do any red fishing much down there. Ive always wanted to go red fishing in Louisiana. And try their seafood
Old 02-06-2009, 11:56 AM

I've done more than my share of fishing for reds, but not much lately, and not with a fly rod. I have a perfectly good boat (that needs a little work), and I bought a fine 9wt outfit from Byron a few years back that I've only made a few casts with; it's tough - there just isn't much time between work, the kids at school, soccer, etc...and then, when we do get a break, we just can't stay away from the mountains - it's an escape for us. I do want to get out on the water locally this year some - not to sound like the chamber of commerce, but we have probably the best inshore saltwater fishing in the world down here. The fishery is just incredible. Right now is the slowest time, because of the fronts, low water in the marsh, and particularly the wind, but once the winds start to lie down, it really turns on. The speckled trout get really active in May, and stay that way all summer, and the reds in the interior marshes are always there - a lot of times, you can sight-fish them.