Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Photography

Old 02-07-2009, 02:08 AM

I've always thought that snowy hikes were awesome! Thanks for posting the pics, you inspire me to get out and hike the next time we get some weather...
Old 02-07-2009, 06:35 PM

Nice! Any fish in there? I guess it wouldn't matter since it's a state park, eh?
Old 03-04-2009, 05:14 PM

Default Find the falls from 5500'

It's actually not that easy...

I had a great opportunity today. A dear friend who is a missionary pilot in Africa was home on furlough and asked if I would like to go flying today. We had hiked to the falls last week and I regretted that I didn't take my camera, so he said we could fly over today. I knew it was rugged, but we had to hunt pretty hard ourselves. I took a few more shots as we circled and I guess this may be the best one to actually see the falls...

Not very good pictures, this was just my point and shoot fishing camera. The lower photo is from a different angle as we are circling. I did get a few good pictures, they just weren't of the falls. Anyway just thought I would share this unique perspective.

Mike
Old 03-04-2009, 06:53 PM

Great shots! That is a really great waterfall. I saw it on my Appalachian Trail section hike from Damascus, VA to Dennis Cove Road over new years. It was a nice hike no just because of the falls, but also because it was so flat and easy. Here is a picture of the falls then:

Old 03-04-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnMike View Post
It's actually not that easy...

I had a great opportunity today. A dear friend who is a missionary pilot in Africa was home on furlough and asked if I would like to go flying today. We had hiked to the falls last week and I regretted that I didn't take my camera, so he said we could fly over today. I knew it was rugged, but we had to hunt pretty hard ourselves. I took a few more shots as we circled and I guess this may be the best one to actually see the falls...

Not very good pictures, this was just my point and shoot fishing camera. The lower photo is from a different angle as we are circling. I did get a few good pictures, they just weren't of the falls. Anyway just thought I would share this unique perspective.

Mike
Very nice, you should find my thread about the Caney Fork, the pictures are QUITE similar. Cessna <3
Old 03-04-2009, 10:11 PM

Mike,

Don't tease me, I think Dennis Cove opens around May 15th, I'm trying to make it up there to see you again some time.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:52 AM

Kincora Hikers Hostel is open year round and Bob Peoples is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. They are right on Dennis Cove Road 3/10 of a mile from the AT.