Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 04-02-2009, 08:46 PM

Default Air Flow Ridge Line

Hey all I ordered some Airflow line last night and was wondering if anyone has used it, and some opinions about it.

Check out my gallery.....
http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...FISHIN%20PICS/
Old 04-07-2009, 06:41 PM

I've been fishing the lines for about a year now; after picking the line up. Here's what I have found:

Selective trout tapers are better for slow to medium rods and the nymph lines are better for fast action.

The ridges do work and the line shoots very well...esp if you treat it with that Tiemco cleaner/lube that comes in the little box (can't remember what it's called). It gets in those little grooves and makes it float super high.

DEET and sunscreen do not affect the poly lines like pvc lines...but I've never really had any issues with either on my other lines so it's kind of a moot issue on this end.

Post a review, I'd love to see what you think of it. It's nice to get un-biased feedback.

James
Old 04-07-2009, 09:39 PM

Thanks for the info,,,and i will loook for the cleaner, is the applicator sponge type?

Old 04-09-2009, 11:45 PM

Ok,,I got to use the new line tonight. My first impression was it felt a little heavy and it didnt seem to float vey well. But it seemed to be just under the surface no more. It mended well and lifted out well to set hooks. It casted awsome with very little effort. I threw a fairly heavy streamers and threw 7x with a sz 22 midge and it performed very good with both. I was amazed how well it casts with such little effort. When I got home I got my cleaner out to clean it and I noticed I have vey little dirt or grime on the line. And my old SA line was always very dirty. Wierd! I think I need a new sponge type applicator..Any suggestions.....All in all the downside was it felt heavy and didnt float on top but I for sure like the line and look forward to using it more.....