Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > General Fly Tying

Old 04-15-2009, 08:40 PM

Ranger Bob has some neat items, but I got those drawer pulls from Cabelas. They have a whole host of outdoor themed ones.

Yes, those boars creep me out also. We heard some up on Andrew's Bald one early morning in GSMNP, and the sound sent my wife and I to the bottom of the nearest "climbing" tree incase they came our way.
"Your stature as a fly fisherman isn't determined by how big a trout you can catch, but by how small a trout you can catch without being disappointed, and, of course, without losing the faith that there's a bigger one in there." -John Gierach
Old 04-30-2009, 10:29 PM

Default Fish Cave

There was some nice setups in this thread. Gives me plenty of ideas on what is to come. Right now I am working out of an old Day timer monthly calendar plastic box. But I only have 3 colors of thread and some deer hair. I'm still in play stage.

But I see the addication and will one day need some space of my own.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:13 AM

Thumbs up

If I ever get into tying , there are alot of great ideas for tying stations here, and those converted desk/secretarys are awsome!
My mother-in-law has a great oak rolltop that maybe I can take off here hands. I'll be wating a while for that one.

"We try to be perfect, but we're only fishermen. We wade out into the water, we don't walk on top of it."
Old 12-13-2012, 04:14 PM

Default heres an oldie but still a goodie

I know since the last time I put a photo on this about my desk alot has changed. my materials have grown along with knowledge on more fies to tie. If you desk has changed as much as mine post some newpics and if you have never shared then add your photos to the post. now is a great time to look at these and get new ideas while it is to cold to go fishing.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyred06 View Post
I know since the last time I put a photo on this about my desk alot has changed. my materials have grown along with knowledge on more fies to tie. If you desk has changed as much as mine post some newpics and if you have never shared then add your photos to the post. now is a great time to look at these and get new ideas while it is to cold to go fishing.
Wow Flyred...thats a man cave. I have more of a man "rock shelter"...will have to get those pictures on also. Great trophies you have on the walls...and a nice gun safe. I am mostly a birder with turkeys the biggest target. We are getting those hogs in southern Ohio. I bought a nice Nikon scope, but am still looking for a wood stocked 308 to put under it. Then perhaps I can add a hog to my wall. Thanks for encouraging us to keep this thread up.
"Your stature as a fly fisherman isn't determined by how big a trout you can catch, but by how small a trout you can catch without being disappointed, and, of course, without losing the faith that there's a bigger one in there." -John Gierach
Old 12-17-2012, 10:14 PM

Thank you for your kind words. I need to upload the new photos of my desk. But I love to see other peoples so I can get ideas
Old 04-24-2013, 03:28 PM

There are some really nice setups here, this is my station I built, I have not been tying very long but I sure do enjoy it.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:16 PM

Nice looking setup there flyrod. That's one serious light.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:08 PM

Thanks silvercreek, I really enjoyed building it. Yea, that light/magnify glass sure does help in tying flies. I need to get a new vise, that was one that came in a kit my wife bought me.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:28 AM

Needs straightened up!