Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2009, 11:54 PM

Default Christmas in July! Er uhh... August!

I feel like a giddy little school girl, this week has been AMAZING. I had Freshman Orientation at MTSU on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I'm officially a college student now. I got all of my classes on the first try, which is next to impossible.

And then today crowned it all

I buy and sell paintball guns as a source of money. I bought one for $110 that was broken, and had some Dick's Sporting Goods gift cards that I was able to buy an $80 mask for $30 out of my pocket. I traded that broken gun and mask for a different gun that I sold for $400 earlier today.

Needless to say, I went on a shopping spree! I needed some new tippet because mine was starting to curl really badly, and a couple midges. And then I saw it gleaming in the corner- one of those fancy nets with the clear rubber that disappears in the water and is good for the fish's slime layer. I knew what they cost, so I reluctantly looked at the price tag... $89, $99, what is it? $30 The last one too!

I wish I had the picture of my rainbow from a couple weeks back sitting in my net handy. A little over half of his body was hanging over the side. So needless to say, I'm VERY EXCITED!!!