Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 08-13-2009, 08:46 AM

TVA changes it's KWH rates every quarter....along with what it calls an FCA,(fuel cost adjustment),which TVA has told us might be adjusted every month,and that would change rates....I guess.
They keep us guessing as to what their next move is and then we have to act accordingly when they finally let us know.
It can be totally fubar at times.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:18 AM

Buy a windmill.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:39 AM

Silvercreeks post about the 60watt bulb made me think back a few years.I know some of you remember the scare we had in the 70's. At that time we lived in Northeastern NY a mile or so from the Vt. line. Very rural and isolated. My wife said we must help conserve energy in these troubled times.We went to 40 watt bulbs, went to bed when it got dark, turned the thermostat down and she felt good about it. We went to visit her folks who lived just outside of Philadelphia for thanks giving. We got about thirty miles outside of NYC and you could see the whole sky light up. From there thru Trenton and on down to their house you could almost drive with out your headlights. We were saving the world with our 40 watt bulbs. dave
Old 08-13-2009, 11:25 AM

I do not mean to discourage individual efforts at saving energy and resources. I use the CF bulbs, high efficiency heat pump etc. I just think what is good for the little goose is good for the big government/big business gander.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaiderFan View Post
Buy a windmill.
Won't work around here very well,the wind isn't reliable,solar panel would be the way to go but very expensive,you might never break even,but! TVA will pay you .15 cents per kwh if you can generate enough for yourself and sell the excess to them.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelsoul View Post
Won't work around here very well,the wind isn't reliable,solar panel would be the way to go but very expensive,you might never break even,but! TVA will pay you .15 cents per kwh if you can generate enough for yourself and sell the excess to them.
My ulitimate goal is to generate all of my own energy. I have some money saved back and when the iron gets hot, I'll build my house that is ran soley on it's own power. It will also charge my electric car.

Tags
generation schedule, tva