Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 08-23-2009, 01:50 PM

Default Meigs Creek - Requested info

Can anyone offer any points on fishing Meigs Creek (i.e. best parking location, entry points, fishing quality). I am very interested in fishing this creek and wanted to know if anyone else has tried it and what the quality of fishing above the falls is. Forester from Crossville.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:03 PM

Kevin--Meigs Creek is an interesting situation. You can see it from the road looking across the river, but the trail to it starts further down the way and doesn't cover the lower reaches. In other words, quite contrary to most Park streams, the lower reaches are actually more inaccessible than higher up. It is a spec stream, thanks to the falls, and at one time (it has been a few years since I fished it) was very good indeed. It is possible, in low water, to get across Little River and start fishing from the mouth, but in most situations that probably isn't the best or most advisable situation. Your other alternative is to take the trail and, if you want to fish the lower reaches, either fish downstream or do some bushwhacking. If you are young and feisty, it's worth the effort. Jim Casada
Old 08-23-2009, 02:27 PM

Default Meigs Creek

Thanks Jim - I found some old threads and some say to bushwack up from the falls and others say to take the trail and travel back down the manway to the falls. I believe I am going to ford the river and climb around the falls and work up to the trail and then walk out. After fishing Road Prong and negotiating the rocks and falls on that stream I am ready to try Meigs Creek.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:50 PM

Watch out for the rattlers when you are busting through the Rhodo!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to sammcdonald Send a message via Yahoo to sammcdonald

i think i'd go up from the sinks and take the manway back down....plenty of crossings and lots of creek to fish