Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 09-02-2009, 09:25 AM

Default two day float on the caney 30th and 31st

well we went fishing at the **** sat night. and caught a few nice fish. i got two 14 inch browns and a friend got a 13 bow and my son got a nice 12inch brook.

then on sunday we fished from the **** to kirby. and i caught about 45 fish.the biggest was a 17inch brown. i got a few of those. my buddy caught about 35-40 fish also one was a real nice smallmouth that was 17 or soo inches. and one of my son got two browns. the other didn't get any.

then on monday we floated from kirby to stonewall. had a ok day got about 15-20 fish. a few largemouth,two smallmouth, one 18inch walleye. and a small striper/hybrid. and my buddy got 15-20 fish also. and a walleye that must havebeen teh twin of the one i caught lol.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:31 AM

That sounds like an awesome trip! I'd love to do a two day float like that on the Caney. Did you have any trouble staying ahead of the generation flow or was it even a factor for you?
Old 09-02-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Spencer View Post
That sounds like an awesome trip! I'd love to do a two day float like that on the Caney. Did you have any trouble staying ahead of the generation flow or was it even a factor for you?
normally we just plan around the generation. and try to leave as early as we can. then when the generation does catch us. we just stop and eat lunch and take a nap. lol.

on the 2nd day. the generation was soo little we just rode it down to stonewall. and it was getting about time for us to get home.