Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 09-11-2009, 08:48 AM

People like us who enjoy quiet hobbies and out of the way places are becoming a rarity I think.I have to get farther out all the time to get away from the noisemakers and that ain't as easy as it used to be because becoming an old geezer has a way of reminding you that walking for miles can get you "stove up".
Old 09-11-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFred View Post
Hmmm... Motorcycle strikes bear... Are there getting to be too many?
Ya know, I could have meant too many bears.

JF
Old 09-11-2009, 10:22 AM

Rivergal--It's so bad on the Dragon's Tail, and so costly for medical support, that Swain and Graham counties are in a spitting match over who does what. The road (N. C. part of it) is in Swain County but it's much easier to reach from Robbinsville. They've had a swap-out agreement but so many bikers are getting killed and injured that costs are outrunning the amount Swain has paid to Graham. I actually hate to drive that road, and I've a big truck, because it seems inevitable at some point that fools on two wheels will be coming at you in your lane. I've seen increasing types of the same behavior on 441. Jim Casada
Old 09-11-2009, 02:02 PM

Crockett, please don't telll the bikers to rev their rediculously loud Harleys in Gatlinburg haha. I am a police officer up there and am on bicycle patrol, and I HATE hearing people do that. I do my part to help with noise pollution by giving everyone that I see do that a little pink piece of paper that costs them a hundred dollars. Rod run this weekend will not be any better though. On second thought, it will be good for me because I am taking vacation time tonight and tomorrow is a normal day off for me. Be hard to hear them when I am about 6 miles from a paved road on Ramsay Prong in the morning.