Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 09-17-2009, 11:56 AM

I didn't know there was a stocker section on the roaring fork. Wherabouts is that if you don't mind me asking? I am not gonna fish it but just curious.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:00 PM

Default I thought...

that the only stocker section on or near the Roaring Fork, was at the park just prior to entering Roaring Fork and that it was children only? I took my daughter there to fish when she was 5 and there were some rather nice fish. That is within the Gatlinburg fishing area and when I bought a permit to fish Gatlinburg, that is where the fellow told me to take my daughter.

Is there another section?
"Fly-fishing has many attributes, but none more pleasing than it's ability to liberate the young boy that still hides within me and to let that boy live again without embarrassment or regret, sorrow or anguish." Harry Middleton
Old 09-17-2009, 12:06 PM

They stock where it meets with West Prong LPR to Tree Tops Resort on Roaring Fork Rd. Better to fish from the start of Roaring Fork Rd and upwards. It stays fished out badly below there. You can park at Roaring Fork Church without being towed. They stock in town every Thursday, and probably get Roaring Fork every other week. Still a lot of fish in their yesterday after I left.