Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 09-07-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercreek View Post
Feb. 22, 2010 to be exact. Until then you are in violation of federal law. Does anyone know for sure about a Tennessee carry permit holder carrying in the Cherokee National Forest? I emailed them a couple of months ago on this question, but no one ever replied.With the passage of the Tennssee right to carry in parks it may be legal, but I have seen nothing spe3cifically applicable tothe National Forest which are not governed by the Park Service.
I'm 99% sure that you can. You can hunt in the national forest, or at least portions of it.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:34 PM

Good to know we've got thinking adults who can make responsible decisions regarding their personal-and family safety- on the boards. Personally, '..shall not be infringed' solves any 'rule' business to the contrary. [As if a free man 'needs' even that!]. Ghost
Old 10-06-2009, 03:04 PM

Ghost you said it perfectly....The 2nd amendment makes it perfectly clear.
JohnH0802
Old 10-06-2009, 09:32 PM

if you don't want to protect yours don't carry. but for me i care and i carry. i think everyone should be protected. i have a carry permit i travel all the time across this state and others,and i have carried for years. thank god i haven't had to pull a firearm on anyone. you never know. i'm sure you watch the news about the young couple who was car jacked raped and murdered here in knoxville. the young man was a neighbor of mine and i see just a little of what his mother and dad have gone threw. i bet they wished he had a firearm.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:13 AM

I've had to lock and load on one guy (well about 4 guys) one time, outside of the military. I didn't even have time to get the car over (biker thugs in the middle of nowhere on my way to the U.P. with my wife), they saw me chamber a round in my .40 cal and hauled butt...and yes, I was absolutely serious about protecting my family. Apparently the one guy and his friends thought slamming on the brakes several times in front of my car was hilarious. They didn't think it was so funny when I chambered a round and started to pull over.

Last edited by BlueRaiderFan; 10-07-2009 at 10:00 AM..
Old 10-07-2009, 06:05 PM

Default packing

i guess this incident shows where we are as a society,2 kids shot to death in the "secure" confines of a national park.They called their deaths"a random act of violence"which as good as says the criminal is socialogically not responsible which is to me about as immoral as you can get,it presumes the shooter criminal is "sick"and deserves lesser punishment if any at all.I will not be put in harms way by some loser,probably out of his mind on drugs etc.I think it's ok to pack,fact is it's better than ok,it's smart and in a sense moral because the sight of a firearm is,in its self a deterrant,that can and will,in many cases,give a murderer,no matter how intensely his mentality beckons him to do so,second thoughts about committing a "a random act of violence".
Old 10-08-2009, 06:34 PM

Default Deranged?

Right there with you Lauxier, to say that someone should be treated with leniency because they are deranged is an oxymoron if ever there was one. You would have to be crazy to kill someone for no apparent reason. Our courts have been turned into three ringed circuses, and we are now paying for the spinelessness of too many of our judges. Originally (I thought) the carry permit was supposed to take effect in September of this year, what happened to that?
Blue Raider thank you for your service, where do you like to fish in the UP? We've not made it up there in 7 years now. Last time up I fished the Yellow Dog River (creek!) near Big Bay. Really want to fish the Escanaba sometime.
Best,
John
Old 10-08-2009, 06:56 PM

I've only fished off the dock in Ontonagon! lol Well, I did aso fish a bit on my father-in-laws beach on Superior. As far as my service, I talk a lot, but it was relatively easy. These kids that are over in Afghanistan right now are the real heros. I wish I could join them. I'm still young enough and would go back in as an E5, but my wife would leave me.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:17 AM

I wonder if they caught the person(s) who killed those kids.
Like always,the news fades away and when someone is caught,it doesn't make much of a splash....does anyone know?
Old 10-17-2009, 07:44 PM

Exclamation

I would rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6!