Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs

Old 09-04-2009, 11:41 AM

Default Sept. meeting of East TN. Federation of Fly Fishers

Summer is winding down and we are starting up our monthly chapter meetings again. Looking forward to seeing our members again and hoping that anyone who would like to join us for a couple of hours on this Tuesday Sept. 8th at 7pm at the Earth Fare store located in Turkey Creek shopping area of West Knoxville, is welcome .
We are a local Chapter of the Federation of Fly Fishers. We have monthly chapter meetings that usually include a speaker and we also have fly tying nights, fishing outings and conservation work.
If fly fishing is your passion, whether its for cold, warm or salt walter species come join us.
Hope to see you there.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:58 AM

Default East Tn FFF

The Sept. meeting has come and gone and we had a great time out on the lawn that evening casting different rods and working with our resident master FFF certified casting instructor Capt. John Hand.
We are looking for members who would like to participate in the Casting for Recovery projects and we are also going to start some local Project Healing Waters outings for local veterans. http://www.projecthealingwaters.org/
I hope to see more members of the fly fishing community join with us and supporting both of these great community service programs.

The next meeting will be the second Tuesday of October 2009 (Oct. 13th) at 7pm. It will probably be at the Earth Fare store in Turkey Creek shopping center, Knoxville. I will post about this again as the date gets closer.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:37 AM

Default October Meeting?

Is there a meeting in October of FFF?
Old 10-12-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dps260 View Post
Is there a meeting in October of FFF?
We had to cancel the meeting this month because Earthfare had to use the room. If you receive our members monthly newletter, the next meeting and location will be published in it.
More than likely it will be the second tuesday of November just not sure the location yet.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:53 PM

Hey Gary,

I missed it... again. Please remind me next month! Also, re: casting for recovery and project healing waters -- if you can use us, Vicki and I are willing to help out.

Cheers,
John
Old 10-20-2009, 01:04 PM

Troutman,

I am a student at the University of Tennessee and am interested in getting into the sport of fly fishing. Are these meetings open to the public, and if so, do you have a plan for when the November meeting is?

Also, if you have any information on any conservation products that need volunteers, I am looking for volunteer opportunities that go along with fly fishing.

Thanks
And listen to the ripples as they moan,
I will walk alone by the black muddy river,
And sing me a song of my own."
Old 10-20-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful Vol View Post
Troutman,

I am a student at the University of Tennessee and am interested in getting into the sport of fly fishing. Are these meetings open to the public, and if so, do you have a plan for when the November meeting is?

Also, if you have any information on any conservation products that need volunteers, I am looking for volunteer opportunities that go along with fly fishing.

Thanks
Yes, the meetings are open to the public. We welcome everyone. The FFF is centered around education and conservation and we are working on upcoming opportunities to participate in several areas of both. Its been real hard to get anyone to help out though.
The next monthly newsletter will be out in a few days and I will post the next meeting location and time on here once it is emailed out .
Old 10-21-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful Vol View Post
Hey Grateful Vol,

I know your note was directed to Gary, but... give me a shout, I work at UT. Lots of opportunities in the area. I'm most familiar with efforts of Clinch River TU.

John
johnrich21 at comcast dot net
Old 10-23-2009, 11:43 AM

Thanks for the help guys. If you could update me on any information that is included in the newsletter, that would help quite a bit. I am real interested in coming to the next meeting you guys have.

Also, John, I just sent you an email.

Kevin
And listen to the ripples as they moan,
I will walk alone by the black muddy river,
And sing me a song of my own."