Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 10-07-2009, 07:48 PM

Last night was sad. I knew Ted had a lot of friends and they were there. But there were hundreds I didn't know. There was a huge line waiting in the rain to get into the funeral home. I saw and talked to some of his best friends, the ones he talked about to me often. One was not there because he passed away a few months ago. His name was Ronnnie Joe Whaley. Ted smiled and laughed at the antics of Ronnie Joe and Ray Ball. They were always up to something. I miss Ronnie Joe too. He was a good man who also had a lot of friends. This is a sad time. Ray has lost two very close friends in a short period of time. Ray is one of the finest people you will ever meet. I'm sad for Ray, Steve, Sandra, Ted's family and all of us. Tonight I was at the shop getting the boat ready to go fishing for a couple of days. My buddies Joe McGroom and Jim Gleaves just got back from fishing and we were talking about the 23" brown Joe lost. Joe got a phone call. He walked away from Jim and I. The call was to tell him one of his best friends had drowned. Joe is 21 years old, he was at the service last night for Ted and tonight he got this awful news. Tonight my prayers are for my friend Joe McGroom.

Byron
Old 10-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Our hearts are broken and we will miss Ted horribly. I don't even have the words yet to adequately describe how saddened I am...and I know, after last night, there are hundreds who join me in this sentiment.

I'll keep close to my heart those times that Ted was at his happiest: when he was talking about his latest trip with Sandra or the latest ball game he attended to watch his grandchildren play.

There is certainly way too much grief and sadness to go around lately. I extend my prayers to all of the Myers' and to the McGroom family as well.

Paula
Old 10-24-2009, 10:46 PM

When I first met Ted Myers in the early 90's, I thought he was a grumpy ole curmudgeon. However, once I got through the outer shell, I found he was a very sincere, thoughtful, and giving person. After fishing the Park for years, Ted got me into fishing tailwaters by taking me to Watagua. I'll never forget walking along the bank below the one-lane bridge in Siam. I watched him catch several nice 'bows cruising the run using a 50 ft roll cast that previously I would have thought was impossible. He always loved Stoney Creek.

Ted was my "E.F. Hutton". When he spoke, I listened!!

Thanks for the great times Ted.

Grampus
Old 10-25-2009, 09:42 AM

I do not know Ted; however, I can see that he as left an indelible mark on the fly fishing community. You see, it is not what you have, but, what you leave behind that matters most.

I can see that Ted must have been a great man and a wonderful person from all these stories.

The World needs more Teds.

Rest in Peace Ted!
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 10-26-2009, 04:59 PM

Ted and I talked fishing every time I came by the shop. He actually knew
where Cedar Bluff Alabama was. He talked about coming down here and fishing
Weiss Lake for Crappie. He will be missed.

Paul McWhorter