Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 10-31-2009, 03:02 PM

Default Her First Brown Trout

I selected the fly for her, tied it on for her, and tried to teach her a few basics of roll casting. Unfortunately her casts usually ended up with a "pile up" about 15 feet away. That didn't phase her though, she hung with it and fished a few paces downstream from me. Of course my roll casts we always prefect, landing the hopper terestial on target near the far side of the river. That perfection was exceeded only by the perfect drifts corrected occassionally by well executed mends.
Well guess who caught the only fish this day? She did! As they say, par for the course.

All this aside we really had a great time visiting your little slice of paradise there in Townsend. You will have a new fly fisher woman to deal with on the Little River as I am certain we will be back again and again.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:04 PM

Excellent, Jim. Congrats to your lady. I'm sure it was totally the result of your excellent instruction and rigging. We look forward to getting you both back on our streams. Best news of the day is that you now have a fishing partner.

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 10-31-2009, 07:22 PM

I've always heard 'never take a woman fishing.They'll outdo you everytime.'It's the truth.My lady usually outfishes me regularly!Whups my butt and only uses a cane pole.Wait-that doesn't sound the way I meant it!What I meant was.....Forget it!Hope ya'll have many days of togetherness kneedeep.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:06 AM

jimw--I'm sure the moment was a magic one for both of you, and any time such moments add to and perpetuate our ranks it is a fine thing. Jim Casada
www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com
Old 11-01-2009, 10:15 AM

Congrats, the first and only time my wife has fished the smokies with me, she caught a 17" rainbow. Carry them with you if they beat you then make them buy supper. Thats what we guys do right. Seriously, congrats to her and you for taking the time to take her out on the streams.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:35 AM

Last edited by Randy Ratliff; 01-27-2012 at 10:11 AM..
Old 11-01-2009, 09:03 PM

Tell her congrats on a nice fish.

My wife does not like to fish so I don't have to worry about her out fishing me; however, my smart butt teen age son, on the other hand, out fishes me nearly every time we go out. Last time we went, it was to the point I told him if he caught one more fish, he was walking back to Kentucky. Like any self respecting teen ager, he shot another perfect cast out and landed another nice rainbow. The brat. Yes, he is my best friend and fishing buddy and no, I didn't make him walk ALL the way back to Kentucky. I let him back in the car somewhere just out of Maryville.

Give a woman a fish and you feed her for a day, teach her how to fish and she'll out fish you every time.

Congratulations on your new fishing partner.

Jeff
Old 11-02-2009, 11:50 AM

Swampus you're right on that!! Mine has skunked me more than once!! Congrats Jim.