Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2009, 01:20 AM

Default "Tying for the troops"

OK so I realize this is super late, I have a couple friends down in the low country of SC, one of who is a active duty service man, he has recently returned from iraq and is the SC Chapter Coordinator- for Heroes on the Water
http://www.HeroesOnTheWater.org

from what I have learned his chapter in SC is sending a big care package to the boys in iraq, I am taking a couple boxes of buggers and clousers I tied an inexpensive SA rod and reel combo, several lines, floatant, a pack, some older wadin boots, and some other stuff. From what he has told me they will take anything, and some of the boys can actually fish out there in the middle of ****. I am getting such a late jump on this, I am headed down there next week for Thanksgiving with my family, and to deliver all i could aquire so far. Next year i will be all over y'all for this stuff,but i just learned about it. So all I can say is check out the cause and do what you can, please. I love America, I love our Military, and our Men and Women need every bit of support they can get right now. To think that some hero from YOUR home town could get a minute of relief, from saving our ***, over there in ****, by casting a line, or catching a fish, sure does get me fired up to hit the vise or the garage for any old used fishing gear of ANY type. They will take anything. There is one thing that i love so much about my home state of South Carolina, and Tennessee and that is we are Red Blooded God Fearing American's. Anything you can do to help our Brave men and women would be appreciated. ALWAYS remeber we spend our time talkin about our fishing days and boast about our catch, while our heroes risk their lives so we can do so. Anyone that is interested in helping can hit me on this forum or email me at bmurphy055@gmail.com or call me at 828-400-3335 Thank you, and GOD BLESS our Troops

Barry Murphy

Barry Murphy
828-400-3335 (Cell)

www.projecthealingwaters.org
"Healing Those Who Serve"