Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Old 01-06-2010, 11:41 PM

Default Titusville

I have free lodging in Titusville but need info on fly fishing the area, especially any wading opportunities. Guide's run around $450.00 a day, so I'm limited to one day with a guide, but would like to explore areas that I could wade.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:35 PM

Check out THE FLYFISHERMAN in Titusville. They fish the Mosquito Lagoon, Merritt Island area. During the summer, there "used to be" lots of Reds and Seatrout along the shoreline of the Indian River south of Titusville (Haven't fished there in years). Very friendly and helpful in the shop, I've just dropped in on the way down toward the Keys.

Randall Sale
the Kytroutbum
Old 01-08-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytroutbum View Post
Check out THE FLYFISHERMAN in Titusville. They fish the Mosquito Lagoon, Merritt Island area. During the summer, there "used to be" lots of Reds and Seatrout along the shoreline of the Indian River south of Titusville (Haven't fished there in years). Very friendly and helpful in the shop, I've just dropped in on the way down toward the Keys.

Randall Sale
the Kytroutbum
Thanks for the advise, I've been in touch with them and they seem very helpful. I would really like to find some places to wade, so the Indian River may be an option.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:19 AM

I used to camp in a county park south of Titusville in the early 80's. It might be a nice access point if you got a Kayak or canoe. We caught a lot of nice seatrout just off the shore- used a small jon boat though. The folks at the FlyFisherman at that time talked about sight fishing REDS right along the Titusville side of the Indian River. I always ended up there in June at those times, Don't know much about there now. In the FT. Myers area, seatrout and Reds don't seem to affected by water temp variations (just sharp drops). Whjen are you going?

Randall Sale
Old 01-09-2010, 12:32 AM

I would post a query at- Flyanglersonline.com- The Saltwater Threads have some posters who seem very familiar with that area. We used the campground as a "rest area"to visit the space center, NASA, etc for a few days on the way to the Keys. I never fished the Mosquito Lagoon in June- bugs were extremely bad.

Randall Sale
Old 01-10-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytroutbum View Post
I would post a query at- Flyanglersonline.com- The Saltwater Threads have some posters who seem very familiar with that area. We used the campground as a "rest area"to visit the space center, NASA, etc for a few days on the way to the Keys. I never fished the Mosquito Lagoon in June- bugs were extremely bad.

Randall Sale
Thanks for the advise, I'm trying to figure out when the best time to go would be. I like the Kayak idea & I do own a driftboat, but I not sure it would be good to use or not. I am checking the net for any info that I can find.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:38 AM

Also check out Orlando Outfitters; they know the area down there and have several areas you can drive/wade for baby tarpon, redfish, etc. Ask for Todd, TJ, or Chris.

Fly Fisherman is also a good option as mentioned above. Tough to find good wading spots down there. Best best is a canoe or kayak to reach better water. Drift boats just push too much water and you have a ton of wave slap on the hull, which will spook the heck out of fish down there. Add in wind, and it can be a long day with those high walls.

Good Luck

James