Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 02-17-2010, 12:07 PM

Default Campsite 21 Fishing Info

I am going to the new cs 21 in early march with several co-workers. I haven't been there yet but I was hoping to get some first hand accounts of the fishing prospects around there. Mostly I am curious as to how close the little river actually is to cs 21. On the topo map it looks like it is about 2 tenths of a mile or so but I am not sure. The huskey gap trail looks like it is right on the little river so that is why i am confused since 21 is set further back off of the huskey gap trail. If anyone knows how close the LR is to cs 21 and can describe the general area I would be most appreciative. Also is there any small streams nearby cs 21 like the sugar loaf one on the map that might hold trout?

Thanks,

Adam

Last edited by Crockett; 02-17-2010 at 12:25 PM..
Old 02-17-2010, 03:02 PM

It's 2.1 MILES from the where the Sugarland Mt Trail meets the Huskey Gap trail down to the river. It's probably about 3/4 of a mile from 21 down to where the trails cross.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:05 PM

Stay at Cades Cove, fish Anthony Creek up to 9 or 10 and stay the night. Much better plan, IMO.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to sammcdonald Send a message via Yahoo to sammcdonald

fish weat prong and stay at cs 18. it's easy access and a very pretty site.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:45 PM

Thanks fellows for the advice. I will be going with several people who don't fish and we already have the reservations so I am kind of stuck with 21 now. We stayed at 18 last year and you are right sam it was very pretty and good fishing. Blueraiderfan I think they moved cs 21 down off of sugarland mountain and now it is pretty close to where the little river trail intersects with huskey gap trail. I know it is close to the river just wasn't sure how the access from there was.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:12 PM

Ah, I must have an old map. I'll have to check it out.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:17 PM

I doubt very seriously that too many of the back country sites will be full in early March..CS21 is relatively new and not too far from the Little River....the river is still relatively big in this area....if you are looking for small creeks to fish Rough Creek is another mile up the river with CS24 right where it joins the LR...this is a nice area...about another mile above 24 the river splits into three forks and all have fish in them....if the water is still high then the Anthony's Creek suggestion is a positive...was still able to fish this water last September when everything else was blown out...there is also Cosby Campground with a nice piece of "little" water.