Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 02-24-2010, 09:03 PM

Default Your favorite Brown Trout Stream of Yesteryear?

I was reading through a collection of Sam Venable's short stories last night. One particular story caught my interest about a stream that used to hold copious numbers of large brown trout. He went on to explain how in the 50's and early 60's, Flat(s) creek was his favorite small stream to fish.

Flats Creek is a small tributary of Citico Creek shortly downstream of its confluence with Doublecamp creek. In the mid 60s, Indian Boundary Lake and recreation area was created, causing warm water to occasionally spill from the lake into Flats Creek, presumably driving out the brown trout population.

I'm assuming this will not disturb the don't ask don't tell policy that some members prefer due to the fact that these streams have lost their prominence long ago.....so, what stories do you have about brown trout streams of days past?
Old 02-25-2010, 10:01 AM

Hard to comment on this thread since when I started fishing in the Park there were no brown trout to be found....they ultimately made their way up the LR system from stockings from outside of the Park....then again I mainly fish in the Park.