It appears that there is going to be quite a bit of repaving going on in the GSMNP when the weather breaks, according to the NPS:
- Cades Cove Loop Road is closed to all public use through May 21 for repaving.
- Clingmans Dome Road is closed to all public use through May 28 for repaving.
- Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail is closed to all public use through May 28 for repaving.
- The Sinks parking area on Little River Road closed through May 25 for repaving.
- US-441 (Newfound Gap Road) repaving between Collins Creek Picnic Area south to the boundary with Cherokee, NC is scheduled for March 2009 through September 2010.
For a more detailed version, check out: