Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2010, 10:15 AM

Default Fishing Ethics

I was fishing Middle Prong this past weekend. I only had 1.5 hours to fish. Obviously, it was a nice weekend and there were quite a few fly-fishers on Middlle Prong. I was working my way up the stream and stopped fishing to tie on some different wet flies/nymphs. As I was standing on the side of the stream, this guy fished right up to me....and then fished my run. To make matters worse, he was working his way down stream, and he was casting downstream. I just stood there amazed that he would fish right in front of me while I was re-tying my line. He then spoke to me and complained about not being able to catch any fish and then asked if I had caught any. Needless to say, I was not happy with his lack of ethics. All I said to him was that I was catching fish until he came along. He looked bewildered as I walked away. I guess I should have given him some friendly advice, including ethics advice, but I was in no humor for that.