Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2010, 07:35 PM

Default Back from 6 Days 5 nights at Upper Hazel

Just got back from spending the week at upper Hazel Creek with a Friend David Stevens and my brother Colby. Thought I would share a few pictures from our trip that I hope you enjoy.

Two Brothers working thier way upstream. This was Sunday morning before all the rains were suppose to move in so we were in a hurry to make it to campsite 82 before the rains started.

Ok, its starting to get uphill hiking and we are really feeling it, I think I can, I think I can. How much farther is it to #82?, Are we there yet!

Sunday afternoon and we made it to # 82, my Brother setting up his Hammock. Notice how close to the stream he is. I remember him telling me "This looks like a good Site".

Monday Morning after all the rain. You notice my brothers Hammock is not there anymore, We had to move it about 3:00 in the morning during all the rain. Only a brother

The fishing ended up being really great. Even with all the rains we were high enough that the waters cleared out quickly. Mostly fished upstream of the campsite but had one really good day fishing downstream from camp. We did not fish downstream of camp until our last day but the water was good and the fishing was great.

The fishing this day was best between Walker and Proctor. A long day fishing and hiking upstream.

All three days fishing we caught the Slam, Brook, Brown and Rainbows you cant beat that. With the high waters we mostly used nymphs and some double beads when the water was high.

Like most of our trips it will take a week or two at work to heal up all the cuts, bruises and sore muscles, its rough getting old and having this much fun.