Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 04-15-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannyknot View Post
My issue is not how to fix the boots, but why I should have to after 15-20 uses in 9 months.
Heard that. Total b.s.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:11 PM

Does anyone have any experience with Simms's Pursiut shoes?

http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/pursuit_shoe.html

Or some of the Merrell water shoes?

http://www.merrell.com/UK/en-gb/View...?galleryId=M-F
Old 04-16-2010, 12:57 PM

No experience with either of those, but IMHO your normal wading boots with wading socks or a thick wool sock (if you don't want to invest in wading socks) are the best bet for wet wading.

I went fishing with a buddy that was trying out a pair of the Teva river shoes for wet wading, and he was slippin all over the place. Ended up bashing his shin when he slid off of one rock into another.

I've had good success fishing in my Chacos, but you have very little foot protection. You're almost guaranteed to end up with a bashed toe, and really the traction isn't all that good. I don't have a pair, but seems like the Keen river sandals are a better bet because they are open but still cover the toe. I would want a shoe that is either going to prevent gravel/sand/grit from getting in (such as your wading boots w/ the simms wading socks) or be open enough to let that stuff just flush out.

LRO has a pretty good selection of nifty looking wet wading shoes, but I'm stickin' with my boots
Old 04-16-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannyknot View Post
My issue is not how to fix the boots, but why I should have to after 15-20 uses in 9 months.
I have to say I am a bit surprised by this. I have had my Cross Currents for about 16 months, and worn them probably 30 times. Used the Kling-On soles for 80% of those trips. So far have not even had even a thread come loose to trim off. Very pleased with mine, and wonder if you just got a bad pair.

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 04-19-2010, 11:33 AM

I do a lot of back country fishing that has included packing in to set up a base camp for fishing...I have used Bean's Aquastealth wading boots for years now....comfortable shoe to hike in with and find that they are as good as felt to fish in....nothing is 100% slip proof on our rivers and creeks...
Old 04-19-2010, 02:29 PM

Default Me Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemEAngler View Post
I have to say I am a bit surprised by this. I have had my Cross Currents for about 16 months, and worn them probably 30 times. Used the Kling-On soles for 80% of those trips. So far have not even had even a thread come loose to trim off. Very pleased with mine, and wonder if you just got a bad pair.
I've had mine for three years, hiked well over a hundred miles in them and fished at least 60 times, and the only issue I have had is that one of the small grommet/water vents has worn off/popped out.

They've been excellent for me...

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut."
Old 04-19-2010, 08:47 PM

Knothead, I spoke to several shoe repair shope, and they all said they could not repair the stitching problems I had. I found my solution yesterday.........Smoky Mountain Angler had last seasons boots on sale half price so I bought 2. I got a pair of Simms Freestone Felt bottoms for 50 dollars and a pair of Simms Guide felt bottoms for 65 dollars. They have very little exposed stitching overall and no exposed stitching on the toes. I slathered the old Korkers in Shoe Goo and am keeping them as spares. I will be on thta tv show "Hoarders" one day for keeping every pair of boots I get.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:02 AM

Hi guys,

I've not heard of the Cross Current boots coming apart and I've sold many of these boots as the sales rep for Korkers in the southeast. If you would, PM me on here or email me at strangetrout at gmail.com I'd like to get this taken care of. Sorry for my delayed response, hard to keep up with everything at once. I want to make sure you guys are taken care of.

Best,
James

I just spoke with the Korkers and they wanted me to post this from our Customer Service Rep

Dear Littler River Forum,

I have read through the comments posted about Korkers Cross Current Boots and as one of
the main Customer Service Representatives at Korkers I wanted to let you know that your
experience with Korkers is not typical. We have been praised by most over the years for our
customer service and we work hard to make sure customers are happy with their Korkers purchase.
I wanted to reach out to the last couple posters and let them know that has a Korkers product for less than one year and has
experienced stitching failures or failures of any kind, it is covered under Korkers Warranty with proof of
purchase. If you have a product issue or would like to speak to us about the Warranty, I would ask that you call
Korkers and ask for me directly so that we can take care of you.

Thank you,

Sam Houser
Korkers
Customer Service Representative

Last edited by James Buice; 05-11-2010 at 04:05 PM..