Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 05-21-2010, 05:39 AM

Default 5-20-10 LPR smallies,,pics

Well got another chance to get in some smallies action and man was it another good couple hours....Got a pretty good one on the 3rd cast with a sculpin looking something or other, and got a few on a clouser too. Missed a couple but had another good outing...The smallies are very hungry and mean! What a day...

Check out my gallery.....
http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...FISHIN%20PICS/
Old 05-21-2010, 10:30 AM

Nice fish! I'll probably be out that way somewhere Sunday afternoon with a trout guy I'm trying to lead over to the dark side!

Do you ever hit the Little River? I fished down there for a few minutes yesterday afternoon, but didn't have any luck. The water was much colder there than in the LP.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:02 PM

Look for more than normal numbers of anglers on the local rivers this weekend. The BPS sponsored kayak river bassin tournament trail is in Sevierville for the next couple of days. I expect you will see some of them floating the LPR and the FB. Doubt any will use a fly rod!
Old 05-21-2010, 01:56 PM

Apparently Seymour is a hotbed of warmwater flyfishing activity! Troutman, if I had a kayak, I would probably be fishing that tourney myself. There is a spot near the mouth of the LP that holds some really nice fish this time of year, but it's not even remotely wadeable.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickT View Post
Nice fish! I'll probably be out that way somewhere Sunday afternoon with a trout guy I'm trying to lead over to the dark side!

Do you ever hit the Little River? I fished down there for a few minutes yesterday afternoon, but didn't have any luck. The water was much colder there than in the LP.
Any other time of the year id be on the lil river but right now while the big ones are up from the French Broad im on the river as much as possible...

Check out my gallery.....
http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...FISHIN%20PICS/