Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 06-11-2010, 08:26 PM

Sure would like to hear from Hugh Hartsell on this board again. He shared some pearls of wisdom related to freestone and tailwater fishing. And, one heck of a nice guy.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psnapp View Post
Sure would like to hear from Hugh Hartsell on this board again. He shared some pearls of wisdom related to freestone and tailwater fishing. And, one heck of a nice guy.
Exactly the type of person I was talking about this board missing.

jasonkelkins at yahoo dot com
Old 06-11-2010, 10:07 PM

I have the highest respect for Hugh Hartsell and I have used many of his fly patterns since I have been fly fishing. This guy is very knowledgeable and a premier ambassador for the sport of fly fishing. When he posts on this site; I take notes and listen intently...
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 06-14-2010, 06:03 PM

All--I met Hugh at Troutfest but already knew, thorugh his postings, that he was the real deal. Turns out we knew some folks in common in Newport, where he lives, and like me, he has lots of wonderful decades invested in Park waters.
I'm hoping against hope that at next year's Troutfest we will have a session featuring Hugh, yours truly, and a couple of other older sons of the Smokies swapping tales and memories. Byron has promised me he will make it happen, and I can assure you i look forward to hearing what others from the Tennessee side have to say.
The whole idea was Hugh's originally, although he may not have fully realized it. In a posting replying to some things I had said, along with one or two others, he said something to the effect that forum readers, whehter they realized it or not, were getting a living history lesson in Park lore.
Byron, Paula, or someone--lure the old Newport codger back to these Internet waters, and the quicker the better.
Jim Casada
www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com
Old 06-17-2010, 05:42 PM

Yeah I remember reading many of Hugh's posts on here before and they were always great. I purchased a bunch of flies from Hugh several years ago also and I must say they were like a work of art. I was almost afraid to even fish with them because I didnt want to destroy them.
"Unless one can enjoy himself fishing with the fly, even when his efforts are unrewarded, he loses much real pleasure. More than half the intense enjoyment of fly-fishing is derived from the beautiful surroundings, the satisfaction felt from being in the open air, the new lease of life secured thereby, and the many, many pleasant recollections of all one has seen, heard and done." - Charles F. Orvis
Old 06-17-2010, 10:53 PM

Hugh Hartsell is one of the main reasons I fly fish and he has shared so much kind information to others in our sport. He is one man that I would have his back in anything; because he knows and has given back so much to fly fishing people of all kinds. I have the utmost respect of this man and I would love to see more of his kind posts on the message boards.
to choose, to respond, to change.”