Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 06-13-2010, 09:04 AM

Default New to Site; New to Fly Fishing

Hello everyone,

I found this site through a few blogs I've been following over the last year or two. I am from Indiana (where there are hardly any trout, at least in Central Indiana). I live vicariously through many of the stories, postings, blogs, and photos I see of you all catching trout in the smokies or out west. I have fun fishing for smallmouth around Central Indiana.

I've fished for 10+ years but only recently began using a fly rod. My work doesn't often permit me enough time to get out...combine that with a 3 month old and it's only on the rare occasion that I'm over at "grandmas" house that I get to fish. (She has a creek out back and can watch the little one).

In any event, I look forward to learning from people on this board and hopefully meeting some of you who may live in Central Indiana. I'd love to hook up with someone who actually knows what they're doing with a fly rod.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:00 PM

Welcome
There are several of us that live trout hunting through these posting. I do have one stream but it is getting too warm so bluegills are entering my world now.

I was up in Logansport area last week for work, are you anywhere near there?

JCW
Old 06-14-2010, 04:53 PM

I am not too terribly far from Logansport. Probably 45 minutes to an hour. I live in Noblesville. Are you from Indiana? I'm always looking for another Hoosier to hit the streams with. Right now...I usually just go alone.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:56 PM

Royal Coachman (nice forum name presence by the way, and I'll start off my welcome by sharing a bit of Smokies lore--The Royal Wulff was being tied in the Smokies well before Lee Wullf gave it prominence. Locals called it a Hairwing Coachman). Welcome, and rest assured there are a bunch of giving people on this forum who know what they are doing with a fly rod, especially in the lovely waters of the Smokies.
Jim Casada
www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com
Old 06-15-2010, 11:25 AM

Hey RC
No I am not from your neck of the woods but I have been doing some consulting work through that area. Next time I head up that way I'll drop you a line and maybe we can get out with a few poppers for bluegills