Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 06-17-2010, 09:43 PM

Default cosby creek?????

I will be up for the second time this summer in about two weeks. It looks like i will be camping at cosby. We will get to fish two and a half days. We know we are going to fish greenbrier and cataloochee. My question is cosby worth fishing the first afternoon. I have fished it in the past, but it was a few years ago durring the drought. Anyone fished it lately I know it is two weeks out but any fishing report would be great.

Thanks in advance
5wt
Old 06-18-2010, 09:15 AM

I fished it last year in Sept. Was staying at a cabin a few miles from there. Only had 2 hours to fish. Fished the creek along main road at entrance in a light drizzle, brought about 8-9 to hand one nice one about 8". Fished adams variant #14 and caught a few. also used hot(red)copper john #18 about the same number on both flies. Good luck.
Fishead
Old 06-18-2010, 03:06 PM

The streams are a bit low right now and it's HOT. Not sure what the forecast is for two weeks from now, but I'm betting it will be...well...hot.

I've only fished Cosby once, and that was the upper part where it was incredibly small. Either that, or I was on another creek altogether, because it where I was fishing it, it was so small you could almost hop across it!?

Hopefully, someone who has fished it recently will be along shortly.

Should be about time for the ants and beetles and such at cataloochee.