Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2010, 09:48 PM

Default From TX to TN

My family and I moved to the Knoxville area just a few months ago from central Texas. In Texas, I'd take my oldest two boys who are 7 and 5 on long canoe trips down the Brazos river camping on the river banks, catching dinner as we go, and seeing things not too many people get to see, like bald eagles nesting and mountain lions swimming across the river! Now that my youngest son is older (he's 3 now) we've begun doing longer hikes, and a few backpacking trips. We are really looking forward to doing some backpacking in the Smokies and the Cherokee NF soon.

Ive been flyfishing for bass and bream about 2 years. Im really looking forward to hooking my first trout, but also want to find some good places to tangle with smallmouth too. I also enjoy tying, though the trout flies are a lot more frustrating to me than bass and bream flies. Even my boys tie flies with me. There is nothing more awesome than to see a 6 year old kid catch 30 bream on a fly he made up from scratch and tied himself, to the point that the foam is shredded, and the legs have been ripped off! You've never seen so big a smile on a kid.

Anyway, I hope to contribute some good reports in the future and learn something from all of you guys!