Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > General Fly Tying

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2010, 08:56 AM

Default Looking for some help!

Hey guys, in the past some of you have helped with flies and misc stuff that was for a package sent to the troops who have the ability to actually fish in iraq, to y'all thank you so much! So here is the deal I am on the leadership team of the new Cherokee Chapter of Project Healing Waters. We are hosting a national event this Fall in Cherokee on the tribal trophy stretch of the raven fork. We are looking at over 40 vets from all over the country, obviously this is a large project. My request is this, are there any of you out there who would be willing to tie up some flies that we can pass out to the teams of vets for that event. We have great connections for gear, rods, waders etc. but not for flies. I am the lead on rostering the guides for the event and I am really trying to get enough flies to keep the guy's from fishing out of there own boxes if possible. I have a few TU chapters pitching in from around the SE, and our PHW groups are tying as well. The event is over two full days of fishing and most of you probably know that mixing large fish, and a good number of relatively inexperienced anglers, equals a need for quite a few bugs. Thanks so much, the guides who are working with this project are donating their time and expertise to bring some joy to disabled vets, and for all of us I thank anyone who is willing to pitch in. You can contact me through this board or email or just call me and we can talk patterns, also any of you who fish the run and have advise on that water in the Fall your input is welcomed as well. Thank you

Barry Murphy
bmurphy055@gmail.com
828-400-3335

www.projecthealingwaters.org
"Healing Those Who Serve"

Barry Murphy
828-400-3335 (Cell)

www.projecthealingwaters.org
"Healing Those Who Serve"