Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Boats, Canoes and Kayaks

Old 06-22-2010, 10:12 PM

Talking Budweiser Inner Tube Race on the Clinch!

OK, my dad would kill me for posting this... Anyone remember the great Budweiser Inner Tube Race on the Clinch River? I was amazed from the stories that no one drowned. However, it sure sounded like one heck of a good time!

This is my dad preparing his raft in the fields right below the dam. He told me that he gave a guy a ride back to the dam and when they pasted the guy's car; he just jumped out of the truck while it was still in motion and tumbled down in to the field. He got up and walked on down like nothing happened...

to choose, to respond, to change.”

Last edited by MadisonBoats; 06-22-2010 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: story
Old 06-22-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodonthefly View Post
Ok I have a question, not about types of boats but about drift boats. I row and don't use a motor.

As far as safty stuff what is required in a drift boat? i carry life jackets and have some small first aid stuff. But am I required to carry throw coshins, horns whistles and so on?
I have no idea, I have never been checked, but think it is just lifejackets. I carry nothing, and will deal with the citation when it happens. Call me a law breaker, but that is the truth. If you pitch in the Clinch with the water running with or without lifejacket, your life is in peril. Of course a lifejacket would help, but I don't plan on ending up in it, and rarely if ever am on it during high water periods.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:38 PM

Anyone have experience on a Hog Island Drifter?

My Blog: Fly Fish East Tennessee
www.flyfisheasttennessee.blogspot.com

><>
Old 07-04-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson10 View Post
Have a friend that used to own one. They are very comfortable, quiet, incredibly tough drift boats. I liked all the room it had also. floated some trout and smallie rivers in it. Nice boats.
Wish HI would build a flat bottom wide jon boat style boat with the same materials as the drifters.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:15 AM

Quote:
I have never rowed one, but do not like their design. The chessy and cheap front leg brace is horrible in comparison to the Clacka and Hyde design, and I had heard there was some issues with the boat warping when left in the sun. The latter could be false.

Overall the interior layout is just not to my liking.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:46 PM

Ok I have a question about drift boats......

WHO IS GOOD AT GLASS WORK
Old 07-05-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Ok I have a question about drift boats......

WHO IS GOOD AT GLASS WORK
There is a shop just down the road from me on Boyds Creek Hwy in Seymour/Sevierville called Norwoods Fiberglass repair 865- 429-9664
I've never personally had to use him but he works on a lot of bass and ski boats and must do good work because he stays pretty busy.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
As far as safty stuff what is required in a drift boat? i carry life jackets and have some small first aid stuff. But am I required to carry throw coshins, horns whistles and so on?
Not sure in TN, but NC requires us to have a PFD for every person on board. Under 13 years of age must have the PFD ON! We are also required to have a noise-making device, (ei: horn, etc). I spoke with a local Wildlife Officer here and he stated to me that a referee whistle would indeed qualify for me in my 13ft Outcast cataraft. So that's what I carry in a boat bag, a small sports whistle! I believe TN requires the same if I'm not mistaken.
Mark 1:17
Old 07-06-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
The chessy and cheap front leg brace is horrible in comparison to the Clacka and Hyde design

Yeah, I thought that leg brace was sub-par to say the least. Pretty stupid looking

Wolf - are you going to Alaska with J.Curtis and that group?

My Blog: Fly Fish East Tennessee
www.flyfisheasttennessee.blogspot.com

><>
Old 07-06-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrinG View Post
Not sure in TN, but NC requires us to have a PFD for every person on board. Under 13 years of age must have the PFD ON! We are also required to have a noise-making device, (ei: horn, etc). I spoke with a local Wildlife Officer here and he stated to me that a referee whistle would indeed qualify for me in my 13ft Outcast cataraft. So that's what I carry in a boat bag, a small sports whistle! I believe TN requires the same if I'm not mistaken.
TN does require the same except the noise maker.
Quote:
Yeah, I thought that leg brace was sub-par to say the least. Pretty stupid looking

Wolf - are you going to Alaska with J.Curtis and that group?
No, I am grounded here, I travel so much during hunting seasons that my out of town fishing trips are very limited anymore.