Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 07-07-2010, 01:33 PM

Default Greenbriar July 3rd

Well just a little late but thought I would post a couple picture of our 4th of July weekend trip.

Was able to stay 4 days in Pigeon Forge with the family and was given 1 full day for a fly fishing trip. Meet up with my brother Saturday morning at about 6:30AM and headed to the Greenbriar area.

Believe it our not there was only one other car in the parking lot when we got to the trailhead. Suited up and hiked just a little ways up the trail before hitting the creek upstream.

We knew it was going to be a long day fishing through the gorge with lots of large rocks and cascading pools. It was a really nice place to wet wade during the hot weather.

We both used Dry flys the entire day and never even tied on a nymph. We started catching trout right of the bat, with mostly Rainbows at first in the lower sections.

We ended the day with each of us having landed trout in the Double digits and missing three times that many. Not exactly sure how many we caught total, I am just really confident that I caught one or two more than my brother did.

We did have only one major accident during the entire day. I was fortunate to just look back at my brother when I noticed that he was looking something like Michael Jackson doing the Moon Walk down a large boulder into a nice pool. When he finally came up and we both realized no bones were broken we did notice that he had broken his flyrod in half.

The only good thing was that the break was only about 3 or 4 inches from where the two ends connected. We were able to squeese the two halves together so that we could fish the rest of the day.

One final picture of one of the locals. As we started getting higher the Brook trout became the dominant trout in the area. We caught some pretty good sized brookies and quite a few throughout the day.

Thanks for letting us share a great day fly fishing the GSMNP.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:16 PM

Default Getting older

It is amazing that I am growing older and less limber that I am so much better at the moonwalking and break dancing as I slip and slide along all the slippery rocks. If I had the moves that I do on those slick rocks when I was young, I would have had all the women. If I could only get some beautiful women to see me do it instead of just my brother.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:49 PM

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing those and glad you guys had a safe trip.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcolby View Post
It is amazing that I am growing older and less limber that I am so much better at the moonwalking and break dancing as I slip and slide along all the slippery rocks. If I had the moves that I do on those slick rocks when I was young, I would have had all the women. If I could only get some beautiful women to see me do it instead of just my brother.
I love it.

:-) :-)

Jeff
Old 07-08-2010, 12:04 AM

Thumbs up

Sounds like a great trip!
Thanks for posting.

Scott
Old 07-08-2010, 09:07 AM

Sounds like a good trip to me!

Hey, on the bright side, at least you broke your rod while fishing and didn't pull a Bill Dance by shutting it in the tailgate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POdOBXOXQts
Old 07-08-2010, 07:51 PM

I'd like to get in on some of that "growing older, dancing better" mojo. Seems I'm falling less, but when I do I really do a good job of it! heh.

nice pics and thanks for the report!