Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 07-16-2010, 05:41 PM

Default Looking for bluegill water?

Just moved to the Seymour area and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with some suggestions on a place to fly rod some bluegills. Oh....guess that I should mention that I am fishing from the bank also. Maybe a pond, or any lakes that I would be able to fish. Would also like to bring my kids and get them involved in the action. Thanks
Old 07-17-2010, 10:27 AM

There is a pond in Sevierville behind the Rescue Squad building off DP Parkway that has bluegill. You can walk the banks all the way around it. easy for kids to access and they keep the grass mowed. It has carp in it also but I believe they are grass carp to control vegetation growth. never been able to get one to take a fly.

Welcome to Seymour.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:20 AM

Thanks for the welcome and suggestion. I love it here so far. I did head down to fish Douglas but found it was hard to fish with a fly rod if you didn't have a boat, except for the marina that didn't look that great. I was thinking about going to scout some of the rivers for some slower water, and trying that.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:16 PM

Shawn,you might want to check out some of the parks along Ft. Loudon. You're just as close to a lot of access on that lake as you are to Douglas. I don't fish down that way much, but at least there would be something else to do with the kids if the fish aren't biting. I would try to find some areas with overhanging bushes and shallow water. As for Douglas, if you can get to the very backs of some creeks, there are usually sunfish to be found. These areas are shady and usually have some water flowing in.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:11 PM

lots of wadable warm water rivers in the area. You'll eventually want to get a canoe or kayak though. It opens up a a lot more options to fish the bigger rivers and even around the lake coves.

I think we may need to start up a Seymour fly fishing club eventually. We keep growing!
Old 07-19-2010, 02:02 PM

Thanks for the comments. I let you guys know what I find.