Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 07-22-2010, 02:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to dailey624
Default Nashville Carp Fishing

I am going to be going to Trevecca Nazarene University for college. This is in the middle of Nashville for those of you that aren't familiar with it. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on areas to fly fish for carp in the area. I know there will be some in Percy Priest Reservoir, but are there any areas good for fly fishing?

Thanks,
Justin
Old 07-22-2010, 10:46 PM

Justin,

The Stones River below Percy Priest **** has plenty of carp. Well there are actually alot more buffalo than carp but still fun to catch. This will not be a pretty place nor a clean place but fly fishing can be good. You should try it out and let me know how it goes.

Thanks, Brian Martin
Old 07-23-2010, 01:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to dailey624

Sounds good, do you know if there are any flats for them or are they just in the shallow riffles?
Old 07-24-2010, 08:33 AM

Justin, right now they are letting 300cfs go over the dam. That amount of water is going to push the water level right up to the bank and trees except for right below the dam. I've seen a couple of buffalo tailing along the rocks there. If they cut back to 100cfs the situation gets better. There is a greenway which runs along the Stones from the dam to where it goes under Lebanon RD. The greenway goes further, but leaves the river. At lesser flows you may want to try under the Lebanon RD bridge accessed from the greenway. There is a long gravel bank downstream of the bridge. You can park at Kohls to access the greenway there. There are also a couple of spots heading upstream from Kohls, but after the walkway at the cliff, the greenway again leaves the river for about a mile. It is not very pretty along the river around Lebanon Rd. The flood we had left a lot of stuff everywhere including huge tarps from a ball field hanging from the trees. Good luck.

Last edited by silvercreek; 07-24-2010 at 08:59 AM..