Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 07-27-2010, 12:57 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouseMan77 View Post
I had thought about emailing Paula about increasing the number of pictures allowed. Thanks for doing so.

Maybe every picture that was taken doesn't need to posted...
So are you saying I post too many pictures? If so which ones should I eliminate? I take maybe 50 & post 12 to 16 max. I try to keep them quality, but it's hard to match the standards of some on this board
Old 07-27-2010, 08:56 AM

Question My question still stands

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteCz View Post
You can get a free account at Photobucket.com and upload up to 500MB for pictures. Right now I have about 170 pictures uploaded and am only using 6% of my allowable space.

You can create public albums and then embed the link to that album in your signature line. That way you can store a lot more pictures and everyone can link to them from any of your posts.

Yes I realize other places host photos, but was wondering if I could hold more than 50 pictures here on this site (About 6MB)? If not, I will probably just post a link here, and just start using facebook like the rest of humanity. I just know some people don't like to have to log in, or form an account, and it's just easier to have pics already embedded. So then you will ask why not just use shutterfly or something that doesn't use an account? My answer is my life is too busy to post here, upload to shutterfly, individually link pics, etc.

So the question I still can't seem to get answered is - Can I keep more than 50 pics in my Albums or not? Can someone please answer

Thanks
Old 07-27-2010, 09:20 AM

I would like to see your pics man. How do I find you on facebook?

http://gosmokies.knoxnews.com/profil...=2hvzainc23h5b

Hey Jack (JAB)...
Old 07-27-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
just start using facebook like the rest of humanity.
Just make sure your privacy settings are set correctly to allow anyone to view your pics or they won't show up here.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
If not, I will probably just post a link here, and just start using facebook like the rest of humanity.
I guess I am no longer considered part of humanity.
I don't have a facebook.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
So are you saying I post too many pictures? If so which ones should I eliminate? I take maybe 50 & post 12 to 16 max. I try to keep them quality, but it's hard to match the standards of some on this board
DP No need to get your spray skirt in a bind. Apparently you took offense to something you thought I said.

If you care to go back and skim through my posts on this particular thread not once did I call you out for posting too many pictures or say that your pictures were not worthy of being up on the fridge.

I did say that maybe not ever picture that is taken needs to be posted. Not being a computer genius, I imagine that posts with a lot of pictures takes up space that LRO has to pay for and/or store. I also mentioned that I try to only post pictures that are of good quality and that are interesting. I said nothing about any of your pictures being shabby.

I also thanked you for emailing Paula about increasing the number of pictures that can be posted.

jasonkelkins at yahoo dot com
Old 07-27-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannyknot View Post
I guess I am no longer considered part of humanity.
I don't have a facebook.
Luddite, I bet you don't even read your books on a kindle!

jasonkelkins at yahoo dot com
Old 07-27-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Luddite, I bet you don't even read your books on a kindle!
I've got a good stack of kindleing out back...just waiting on a fall campfire.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:11 PM

I've heer'd of that My Face, and Space Book too, but I don't reckon I'll be gettin' me one.

sb
Old 07-27-2010, 11:37 PM

Smile

Quote:
DP No need to get your spray skirt in a bind. Apparently you took offense to something you thought I said.

If you care to go back and skim through my posts on this particular thread not once did I call you out for posting too many pictures or say that your pictures were not worthy of being up on the fridge.

I did say that maybe not ever picture that is taken needs to be posted. Not being a computer genius, I imagine that posts with a lot of pictures takes up space that LRO has to pay for and/or store. I also mentioned that I try to only post pictures that are of good quality and that are interesting. I said nothing about any of your pictures being shabby.

I also thanked you for emailing Paula about increasing the number of pictures that can be posted.
Not really offended, just trying to figure out what you were saying. I use my photos to help tell my story and thought if I put in a bunch of crap no one wants to see then tell me and I won't put it there. I'm sorry if I misread your statement as one to me and no just a generalization It has taking me 2 years to fill up my space in my albums, and like my original post said I have already eliminated all irrevelent pics. I am also not a computer genius, but with low res photos whether I take up 12 MB or 6 MB shouldn't matter with large hard drives these days as a cost issue. I have gotten 18 responses to this post and still have yet to get an answer to my question so please forgive me for my frustration.

Sure would be nice if a future response by someone actually answers my question.

And while I have yet to jump into the Facebook world, I was recently at my grandmother's funeral (Was an airplane mechanic in WWII) and found all my relatives keep up with eachother pretty well leavong me feeling out of the loop. While I have refused to embrace this in the past, I'm starting to feel like the only guy still using a slide ruler