Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Boats, Canoes and Kayaks

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2010, 05:29 PM

Default Kayaks

I bought a NuCanoe and am real happy with it so far....... It is kind of like a mini drift boat rather than a pure kayak. It has an anchor system; hole out the rear with eyelets and a cleat system to secure the rope easily. I have test anchored it on the Holston in moving water, and it gently moved back and forth in the current on a 3.5 lb anchor. The anchor was a claw though, which I didn't like, too easy to hang. A friend made one for me out of a 2" piece of bar-stock [ 3.5 lb], haven't used it yet though, so can't say whether it will hold in current. Typically I will just stop it above or below riffles to fish them. It is very wide and stable, wt 59 lb. It sits pretty high above the water, so casting position is pretty good. Might stand in it in flat water, never in moving water. I'll post a picture later. www.nucanoe.com [I think]. I bought it from Applachian Outfitters in Murphy, NC. They have the split pontoon outrigger boat as well.
Best,
John