Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 08-08-2010, 11:10 PM

Thumbs up Please don't get me wrong....DP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
The 2 lady rangers (different occasions) I have had the pleasure of dealing with were very nice & completely professional. In fact one was a situation where should could have easily made a misjudgement, and not only made a good call, but also followed up and made sure nothing else happened. With proper training the differences between a man & woman are microscopic at best. While you will always get a few bad apples, I think the Park does a great job of recruiting the best around. Sorry if I sound like a feminist
I am ABSOLUTELY fine with the LADY/FEMALE/XX'rs Park Persons, LEO's, Service Women, etc... and am grateful for their Service and Protection of this Great Country...Furthermore, I am Nothing if not respectful, and deferential to their authority...often going out of my way to be completely transparent in my encounters with any LEO.
THAT being said; I rarely have kind things to say about ANYONE who takes that "You WILL Respect My AUTHORITI" attitude (In Business or Law Enforcement), when I have dislayed NOTHING but respect.

This is the 21st Century....early in the last century She wouldn't have had that job... and I would not begin to question her right or ability to do that job well today.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plunker View Post
I am ABSOLUTELY fine with the LADY/FEMALE/XX'rs Park Persons, LEO's, Service Women, etc... and am grateful for their Service and Protection of this Great Country...Furthermore, I am Nothing if not respectful, and deferential to their authority...often going out of my way to be completely transparent in my encounters with any LEO.
THAT being said; I rarely have kind things to say about ANYONE who takes that "You WILL Respect My AUTHORITI" attitude (In Business or Law Enforcement), when I have dislayed NOTHING but respect.

This is the 21st Century....early in the last century She wouldn't have had that job... and I would not begin to question her right or ability to do that job well today.
I didn't mean to discount your experience, which I believe wholeheartly, just wanted to point out where my experience was 180 of that. Just not wanting to give the "Good" ladies a bad name.

It makes me think of this new bodybuilder type ranger (I forget his name sorry) that started about 2 years ago. It was pretty funny on how he was trying to convince some of my more experienced kayakers that they were going to die if they ran the Sinks waterfall. While this drop does occasionally grab a touron or 2 and would be very dangerous for someone who was not experienced with whitewater, it's just a Class 4 that gets run thousands of time per year without incident (well the pile of rocks at bottom is a paddle breaker though).

3 weeks later, when he saw us there, he was smiling as we ran the drop and wasn't the least bit concerned. Well that is except for one of the long haired kayakers in the parking lot was getting the evil eye, and he walking over to his car making sure there wasn't anything suspicious going on
Old 08-09-2010, 08:42 AM

Does the body builder guy have a bald head and look and sound like Vin Diesel? I like to walk around cades cove at night sometimes after the loop is closed and one night in february i was walking it with my girlfriend when a truck pulled up behind us. I knew it was a ranger because there were no cars in there at nighttime. He just pulled up rolled down the window and asked if we were having a nice hike. I said yeah. He said it sure was a nice night for walking the cove then left.

http://gosmokies.knoxnews.com/profil...=2hvzainc23h5b

Hey Jack (JAB)...
Old 08-09-2010, 09:34 AM

Just posting the park regulations. Follow them if you want. I'm sure there was a reason for having them in place. Read the regulation again, please.