Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 09-05-2010, 09:36 AM

Thumbs up Good Dad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
It was a tough choice betwen 18 and 93, but decided to try some relatively unknown territory by going out to Twentymile. I took the boys; Jack, 7, Nolan, 5, and Eli, 3. I was hoping for some easy to access fishing near the campsite, water for the kids to play in, solitude, and a good time. We succeeded on all accounts.
Good job Bud! Your kids will always remember these trips and I admire that you took the time to handle all the headache and planning that comes with it. Props to you for being a good dad!
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 09-07-2010, 07:11 PM

Jay,

First off, great job. Looks like you and your crew had a great time.

Second, I have been wanting to do the same with my 9 year old and I showed your thread to my wife and in her great wife voice said, so when are you going.

So, I guess it's time to plan a backcountry camping trip. I have no real idea where to start but let the planning begin. I hope you don't mind if I ask for suggestions like which backcountry site would be good for first timers?

"My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fly-fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."
Old 09-08-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfly View Post
So, I guess it's time to plan a backcountry camping trip. I have no real idea where to start but let the planning begin. I hope you don't mind if I ask for suggestions like which backcountry site would be good for first timers?
David,
There was a thread where I was asking for people's ideas on good kid friendly campsites since this was my first time camping in the Smokies myself. The thread is here
http://littleriveroutfitters.com/for...ad.php?t=14365

18 looks very good, and 65 as well. 39 is a possibility. I decided to try 93 at twentymile creek since so little was known about it, and it was an easy hike with good access to shallow water for the boys to play in. The report Crockett posts in that thread gives lots of description of CS 18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knothead View Post
Great story! The boys will remember this for a long time. When are you planning the next trip?
I think Im planning the next for Sept 18th! (if all the stars align properly of course). If any other father/sons want to join us please feel free!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:18 PM

Site 18 it is. We are going to try to go one of the last 2 weekends in September. Hoping for the best on this thing.

Cardfly Jr. is all fired up so there is no looking back now.

"My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fly-fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."