Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 09-12-2010, 03:44 PM

Default Lovin' the Smoky Mountains

Hello to all,

I am new to the Little River Outfitters forum although i have been reading from it for quit some time. I thoroughly enjoy hearing all the fishing reports and the incredible advice provided in this forum. I do hope one day to relocate to the smokies....preferrably somewhere North of I-40.

I appreciate all the time and effort this forum puts into maintaining the Smoky Mountain fishery in top notch condition. I will do all i can to facilitate this effort.

Thank you for allowing a fly fishin, smoky mountain lovin, lower alabamian to take part in your forum...i hope that i can provide you all any information you seek concerning the Alabama Gulf Coast. Please do not hesitate to hit me with a PM if necessary.

thanks again,

LA MantaRay12
(Charles)
Old 09-12-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA MantaRay12 View Post
Hello to all,

I am new to the Little River Outfitters forum although i have been reading from it for quit some time. I thoroughly enjoy hearing all the fishing reports and the incredible advice provided in this forum. I do hope one day to relocate to the smokies....preferrably somewhere North of I-40.

I appreciate all the time and effort this forum puts into maintaining the Smoky Mountain fishery in top notch condition. I will do all i can to facilitate this effort.

Thank you for allowing a fly fishin, smoky mountain lovin, lower alabamian to take part in your forum...i hope that i can provide you all any information you seek concerning the Alabama Gulf Coast. Please do not hesitate to hit me with a PM if necessary.

thanks again,

LA MantaRay12
(Charles)
I like your style Charles and you willingness to help others and with conservation. One of the best ways to try and help is to join one of the Trout Unlimited Groups. They are always in need of new blood and energy. Many have carried several roles for many years in their organization to help others have a better fishing experience. I owe many thanks to my local chapter and to all the members that have done work in the past in one way or another. It is something most cannot do full time or for an extended period; but, there are opportunities for everyone...

Keep up your positive outlook! I like it and I choose to surround myself with positive people-funny how it affects your life too...
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 09-12-2010, 07:37 PM

Charles--Welcome, and as someone whose heart has always belonged to the Smokies I can certainly understand your affinity for this magical place. If you haven't done so already, make a visit in person to the folks at Little River Outfitters. You won't regret it (other than possibly coming away appreciably lighter in the billfold thanks to having purchased various types of gear).
There's a lot of wisdom and first-hand experience among the folks on this forum, not to mention a wide range of opinions, some of them strongly held. Don't hesitate to ask questions. You'll get answers--sometimes more than you know what to do with, but a surfeit of information is never a bad thing.
Jim Casada
www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com
Old 09-12-2010, 10:44 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome.

MadisonBoats..I too try and surround myself with positive people...you are absolutely correct about the effect it can have on your well being. By the way..I am a member of the TU organization #639 (Sipsey Tailrace), the FFF (Federation of Fly Fishers) and the Coastal Conservation Association (CCA). I am also a member of the local fly fishing association (Bay Area Fly Fishers) and the Mobile Bay Kayak Fishers Association. I am a big proponent for conservation, education and participation. Looking forward to meeting you and others to spend some quality time on the water.

Mr. Casada - Glad to hear about the wealth of information readily available on this forum. I have fly fished the smokies but that was before i had a clue what or how to fly fish. It was quit comical to watch....LOL. Over the past year or so i have been spending a lot of time on the small creeks and rivers in my area trying to hone my skills for the tight cover experienced in the Smokies. On my list of things to do while in the Smokies this fall is go by Little River Outfitter. Really looking forward to some quality time on the water this fall. My family and I will be in the Smokies the week before and the week of T'giving.

I hope to meet several members of this forum while in the Smokies....

Always envious of you Smoky Mountain residents,

Charles