Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 09-21-2010, 11:19 AM

Talking

Tire Guy - No problem from me. Those days that are hard to believe actually do happen. In a lot of years of chasing trout, Iíve had 3. The first one I was fishing by myself, and I told a couple of guys who know me well about the experience, and they both had raised eyebrows Ö so I didnít pass that along to anyone else. The second, I was with a good friend, and that one is the most remarkable because we BOTH had an exceptional, unbelievable day Ö we didnít spread the word about that one as most folks would have suspected we were smoking loco weed! The third happened with the same friend, and it is still the most rare, freak and statistically improbable fishing event I know of!

So, just enjoy the memories of your exceptional day, no matter what is said!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tire guy View Post
This is why I rarely post, I was excited about having a good day and even shared my fly and general location and the doubting birds reared their ugly heads. I know it was a large dose of luck but it was honest. I hope your doubts made you feel better about yourself.
I feel a little better, thanks, I was being self deprecating and doubting my own abilities as well the accuracy of your tape measure. I hope you take no offense, my friends make similiar like claims and I bust their balls too, it's something fisherman do. The fact that people don't believe you is a compliment and a testament to the great day you had, relish it.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:46 PM

Thanks busting me for fun is a good thing. I should not have been so doubtful of you guys. I hope to see you on the river.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:30 AM

Tire Guy,

Just curious: were they mostly browns or 'bows?
Old 09-24-2010, 09:24 AM

All bows.
You know I have jinxed myself to being skunked next time out. Oh well, that just maks the good days better.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:00 PM

Talking

Tire guy -- after relating your success to us, you have jinxed yourself for the next 3-4 yrs! Next time, do as I have painfully learned -- just enjoy the memories in silence by the fire ... some Irish coffee just enhances the experience!