Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 09-23-2010, 02:03 PM

Default Chilhowee lake question

I am coming up to Gods country the weekend of October 15th through 17th and me the wife and two daughters are wanting to kayak in Lake Chilhowee. I probably will go up Abrams creek some if possible. I have never been to that area. Anyhow I know that I will have to fish some so I will get my our of state license. But what I am not for sure about is how can I make sure that our kayaks are legal for TN. waters. I know that we have to have a life jacket inside each kayak. I don't think that we have to have them on all the time do we? Also in Mississippi we don't have to have them registered. We dont have any numbers on them are anything like that. Is it the same way in TN.?
Old 09-26-2010, 02:57 AM

No Numbers unless you have a motor (electric trolling motor counts). As far as everything else... I don't know. Take a right on your way to the head waters of Abrams and visit "Painter" (panther) creek. It's a neat little creek and in the fall you can catch lake runners.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishNHunt View Post
No Numbers unless you have a motor (electric trolling motor counts). As far as everything else... I don't know. Take a right on your way to the head waters of Abrams and visit "Painter" (panther) creek. It's a neat little creek and in the fall you can catch lake runners.
Hey thank you I have been searching all over the internet to find out the laws. That was the most important one I wanted to know.
Thanks for the other information also. We all are surely looking forward to this trip.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:42 AM

Adults over 12 must carry but are not required to wear a PFD, Children 12 and under are required to wear.

http://tellicoflyfisher.blogspot.com/
Old 10-06-2010, 01:27 AM

I would not camp at the Park Service campground on lower Abrams, If you have any questions please email me about it syates6006@gmail.com.