Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 09-28-2010, 02:50 PM

I agree... It looks like someone thought they were setting the hook for a largemouth bass, not a trout. Since growing up in texas, I had only fished for warm water for things like largemouth, bream, and catfish, I still sometimes have to suppress the urge to set the hook with a fury. Once, when I made a similar mistake, I sent a poor 5" rainbow airborne over my head. He had luckily landed in a small pool of water that had been cut off from the stream because the water level was low. Because he had thrown the hook in the process, i had catch him by hand to return to back to stream. After a few minutes of reviving him in the stream flow, he swam off, physically no more worse for the wear, but probably didn't eat anything from the surface again for a while!
Old 10-05-2010, 12:04 AM

Striped Bass
Old 10-05-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
Sweet, I use the dark shade of green most of the time. The key is only pinching enough material to allow your rig to drift correctly. I usually add in some of the lighter green when it is super foggy...Glad it works for you; it is the best indicator I have ever used.
Shawn,
Can you tell me more about your HL indicator....haven't been up to the mountains to fish in a while and the itch is starting to get pretty bad.

Thanks,

John
Old 10-05-2010, 02:55 PM

John, look at Shawn's thread titled "Best Indicator". Should give you all the info. Beware though, darn trout hit my indicator more than my nymphs.... lmao
Old 10-06-2010, 08:30 AM

Knik,
Thanks for the information.

John